2016 Mercedes-Benz E 350 vs. 2016 Lexus GS 350 Available Near Glenview, IL
Looking for a commanding luxury sedan that’s determined to get you around town with style, power, and security? While both the 2016 Mercedes-Benz E 350 and 2016 Lexus GS 350 are both fully capable sedans, our product specialist believe the Mercedes-Benz will serve you better in the categories this comparison touches on.
Already certain the 2016 Mercedes-Benz E 350 is the right vehicle for you? Take a look at our new vehicle inventory to see our selection.
2016 Mercedes-Benz E 350 vs. 2016 Lexus GS 350: Performance and Handling
Both the Mercedes-Benz E 350 and Lexus GS 350 are similar in some ways. They both come with a 3.5L V6 engine, get 20 city MPG and 29 highway MPG, and have a rear-wheel drivetrain. The 2016 Mercedes-Benz E 350, however, comes with a number of brand-exclusive performance capabilities that make the E 350 one-of-a-kind.
- Save even more fuel with the standard ECO Start/Stop system, which shuts off the engine when idle.
- AGILITY CONTROL® suspension adjusts the shock absorbers in regard to driving style and road conditions for better handling and stability.
- The Mercedes-Benz E 350 is built with efficient components, like regulated fuel pumps, alternators, and electric power steering pumps, which are only used as needed to save on fuel.
2016 Mercedes-Benz E 350 vs. 2016 Lexus GS 350: Design, Interior, and Comfort
As sleek and luxurious four-door sedans, the 2016 Mercedes-Benz E 350 and Lexus GS 350 fit right into your idea of the perfect everyday vehicle. But once again, the Mercedes-Benz has circumvented the Lexus when it comes to a comforting and thoughtfully designed vehicle for Glenview, IL area drivers to enjoy.
- Both vehicles are available with sport styling, but Mercedes-Benz designers used the brand’s legendary star emblem to their advantage to design an updated and modern version of one of the most iconic German engineered vehicles available.
- A panorama roof is only available in the Mercedes-Benz E 350 for an escape into the sunshine and star-filled nights from the comfort of your cabin.
- You get an option of either Burl Walnut wood or Black Ash wood trim in the Mercedes-Benz. Wood trim is optional on the Lexus GS 350.
- Ambient lighting is standard in both vehicles, but multicolor ambient lighting is available only in the Mercedes-Benz.
2016 Mercedes-Benz E 350 vs. 2016 Lexus GS 350: Safety and Technology
Whether you’re single and use your vehicle for your commute to work or need a sedan to get your family around Glenview, IL, you’ll be in need of a safe vehicle that keeps the whole car entertained. Once again, the 2016 Mercedes-Benz E 350 wins in the safety and technology category over the Lexus GS 350 with all the additional standard and available features it comes with.
- An 11-way airbag protection system is standard in the Mercedes-Benz E 350 while the Lexus only has a ten-airbag system.
- ATTENTION ASSIST®is a first-of-its-kind safety system that is standard in the E 350. It can detect drowsy driving and alerts the driver to pull over and rest.
- While the Lexus comes with a rigid body structure and crumple zones, Mercedes-Benz goes a step further. The E 350 comes with body panels made with high-strength steel and advanced front crumple zone that has been put through 17,000 computer-simulated collisions and 150 crash tests.
- You can upload up to 10GB of music into the Mercedes-Benz Music Register for your favorite on-demand entertainment options.
- Rear seat entertainment is available for backseat occupants in the Mercedes-Benz E 350, which includes two LCD monitors. The Lexus offers rear-seat climates and audio controls.
2016 Mercedes-Benz E 350 vs. 2016 Lexus GS 350: Price
Although the 2016 Mercedes-Benz E 350 is a bit more expensive than the 2016 Lexus GS 350 at an MSRP of $54,025 versus $49,540, drivers in the Glenview, IL area will have the latest Mercedes-Benz performance, safety, and technology features at their fingertips.
If you’d like to take the 2016 Mercedes-Benz E 350 for a test drive, stop into our Mercedes-Benz dealership serving Glenview today, or set up a test drive appointment. For more information, please contact Autohaus on Edens at (847) 272-7900 or through our online form.