2016 Mercedes-Benz E 350 vs. BMW 535i Near Winnetka, IL
How can drivers in and around the Winnetka area choose a luxury sedan with a multitude of available options? Two of the most popular sedans available in the Winnetka, IL area, the 2016 Mercedes-Benz E 350 and 2016 BMW 535i deliver advanced performance, stunning beauty, and modern convenience. There are several important characteristics that make the E-Class preferable to the 5-series. Comparing them side-by-side is the best method of determining which luxury model will truly provide what owners demand from a German-engineered full-size sedan.
Are you already convinced that the Mercedes-Benz is the superior option? Browse through our new inventory to learn more about the 2016 Mercedes-Benz E 50, or continue reading to learn how the E-Class is superior to the 5-Series.
2016 Mercedes-Benz E 350 vs. 2016 BMW 535i: Performance
Though both models come with a RWD drive-train paired with a V6 engine and provide similar performance specs, the Mercedes-Benz E-Class luxury sedan comes with multiple features designed to enhance drivability and responsiveness that BMW 5-series model doesn’t offer.
- AGILITY CONTROL®Ⓡ suspension adjusts the individual shock absorbers on the E 350 depending on road conditions. The handling and drivability features available with the 535i simply aren’t as cultured or responsive.
- Sport-tuned springs and shock absorbers on the E 350 deliver a more rapid response and provide a more assertive profile than the 535i.
- Several lower weight components are included with the E 350 to offer a more efficient overall performance than the 535i.
2016 Mercedes-Benz E 350 vs. 2016 BMW 535i: Interior Design & Modern Technology
Do you want an interior cabin that evokes thoughts of the past, but offers the technology of the present? The 2016 Mercedes-Benz E 350 is built with design elements that nod to both its past and its future with an elegant aesthetic combined with modern accents. The 2016 BMW 535i is built to meet driver’s basic needs, but not offer much more. Important differences inside the two include:
- Hand-polished high-quality wood and metallic trim accentuate the interior of the new E 350. The 535i interior doesn’t feel as well thought out or as polished.
- The classic analog clock added to the interior of the E 350 reminds drivers of the past, while the COMAND®Ⓡ system delivers hands-free calling, music streaming, and navigation with a touchscreen design. The 535i doesn’t offer the same duality as the E 350.
- Both sedans offer 14-way power front seats with memory, but only the E 350 provides ultra-comfortable MB-Tex upholstery and a Nappa leather multifunction steering wheel.
2016 Mercedes-Benz E 350 vs. 2016 BMW 535i: Safety Systems
The 2016 Mercedes-Benz E 350 and the 2016 BMW 535i are engineered with state-of-the-art protection and detection systems to keep drivers and passengers as safe as possible, but there are several key differences that luxury brand customers in and around the Winnetka, IL area need to think about before making a decision.
- The E 350 offers radar-based Collision Prevention Assist Plus paired with Adaptive Brake Assist, should it detect a collision that can’t be avoided. The 535i doesn’t offer a similar collision prevention system.
- Attention Assist comes standard on the E 350, and alerts drivers should their attention start to wander or drowsiness is detected. This technology is not included with the 535i.
- The 11 airbags that come with the E 350 keep everyone protected should the unforeseen occur. BMW didn’t include quite as many airbags in the 535i.
The 2016 E 350 is clearly the superior luxury sedan when compared side-by-side to the BMW 535i. The E 350 offers a more enjoyable performance, superior design, and state-of-the-art technology that the 535i simply can’t compete with.
With a starting MSRP of $56,525 before options, the 2016 Mercedes-Benz E 350 Sport 4MATIC®Ⓡ sedan starts at a lower price point than the 2016 BMW 535i that starts at $56,845 MSRP, and that’s even before considering how much more the new E-Class has to offer when it comes to handling, safety and design.
Are you ready to get behind the wheel of the new 2016 Mercedes-Benz E 350? Contact the product specialists at Autohaus on Edens in Winnetka, IL through our website or by phone at (888) 847-9535 to make an appointment that works with your schedule and take a look at the new E-Class sedan at our Mercedes-Benz dealership.