2016 Mercedes-Benz C 300 4MATIC® vs. 2016 Audi A4
Northbrook, IL area luxury vehicle owners don’t settle for anything less than the best, which is why purchasing a new luxury sedan requires some detailed research beforehand. The Mercedes-Benz C-Class is often compared to the Audi A4, but it is important to us that our customers understand the differences between these similar models, so that you can journey home with the option that truly triumphs when it comes to luxury and performance.
2016 Mercedes-Benz C 300 4MATIC® vs. Audi A4: Performance and Handling
Although both of these German-engineered luxury models use a similar sized engine, what each has done with its equipment has proved to provide a drastically different driving experience.
|2016 Mercedes-Benz C 300||vs.||2016 Audi A4|
|241 HP 2.0L turbo I4
with 273 lb.-ft. of torque
|Engine||220 HP 2.0L turbo I4
with 258 lb.-ft. of torque
|7-speed automatic with shift paddles||Transmission||8-speed automatic|
|4MATIC® all-wheel drive||Drivetrain||All-wheel drive|
|24 city/31 hwy mpg; 18 gal. tank; ECO Start/Stop||Fuel Efficiency||22 city/31 hwy mpg; 16.1 gal. tank|
Northbrook, IL area drivers will love the strong acceleration, and swift shifting found in the Mercedes-Benz C 300 4MATIC® sedan, which unlike the Audi, also comes equipped with a performance driven suspension with adaptive shock absorbers. By comparison, the Audi A4 seems to lag, and is much less maneuverable.
2016 Mercedes-Benz C 300 4MATIC® vs. Audi A4: Interior and Comfort
No vehicle can compare to the sheer luxury found in every surface of the 2016 Mercedes-Benz C 300 4MATIC®. Real wood and metal accents abound, and passengers can relax into the effortlessly comfy seating.
- Receive not only a 14-way power driver’s seat with memory, but also power headrests in the C 300.
- The C 300 is available with a power rear sunshade. This is not offered in the Audi A4.
- The front seats in the C 300 can be heated or cooled, depending on the driver’s wants. The same cannot be said of the Audi A4.
- The 40/20/40 split folding seats in the Mercedes-Benz model include a large center pass-through, which can be released from the trunk. The Audi uses a more typical 60/40 split bench.
- Access your personal media with the USB ports in the C 300, which the A4 doesn’t have.
- Northbrook, IL area drivers can turn the cabin of the new C-Class sedan into a Wi-Fi hotspot.
2016 Mercedes-Benz C 300 4MATIC® vs. Audi A4: Safety and Technology
Vehicle technology is racing forward, with a concentration on safety. The Mercedes-Benz C 300 4MATIC® is equipped with an enormous amount of ingenious new driver assist systems, including cross wind assist, driver attention assist, collision prevention assist, and brake assist to name a few. However, there is a lot more to the 2016 Mercedes-Benz C 300 than just these technologies.
- 11 airbags protect occupants in the C 300, compared to 10 in the Audi.
- Telematics, including stolen vehicle tracking, roadside assistance, and emergency SOS, come standard on the C 300.
- Start your Mercedes-Benz with a press of a button thanks to keyless ignition.
- Drivers can purchase a Mercedes C 300 with a power closing trunk.
- DISTRONIC PLUS® intelligent cruise control is a feature of the C 300, but the Audi is not equipped with a similar system.
- A first aid kit comes standard with the C 300 4MATIC®, but is only available as an option on the A4.
- The windshield wipers on the 2016 C 300 sense rain and adjust their frequency to maintain perfect vision even in a downpour.
With a discerning eye, it quickly becomes obvious that the new luxury vehicle of choice in the Northbrook, IL area will be the 2016 Mercedes-Benz C 300 4MATIC®. The Audi A4 simply does not have the performance or features that drivers have come to expect from a true luxury model.
Contact Autohaus on Edens by phone or through our website to make an inquiry about one of the many models in our new model inventory.