2018 Mercedes-Benz GLE SUV vs. 2018 BMW X5 | Northbrook, IL
Have you been searching for the ideal luxury SUV equipped to accommodate your busy schedule and growing family? At this point in your research, you’ve likely considered the 2018 Mercedes-Benz GLE SUV and the 2018 BMW X5, but which luxury model is best for your lifestyle? The team at Autohaus on Edens in Northbrook, IL has created the following comparison between these two competing luxury SUVs to help you make an informed decision.
For the purposes of this comparison, our experts have taken a closer look at the 2018 Mercedes-Benz GLE 4MATIC® SUV, starting at $54,700 MSRP, and the 2018 BMW X5 sDrive35i, starting at $57,200 MSRP. If you’d prefer to speak directly to a product specialist about your options, contact Autohaus on Edens at (847) 272-7900.
Interior and Exterior
Before deciding between the 2018 Mercedes-Benz GLE 4MATIC® SUV and BMW X5, there are a number of differences in interior and exterior design features that you should be aware of. Both luxury SUVs offer leatherette-trimmed upholstery, a power liftgate, and heated front seats, however there are unique features that set one model ahead of the competition. Key differences are as follows:
- LED taillights are only standard with the Mercedes-Benz GLE 4MATIC® SUV
- The Mercedes-Benz GLE 4MATIC® SUV is available with soft-close doors, a feature unavailable with the BMW X5
- Massaging front seats are a feature only available with the Mercedes-Benz GLE 4MATIC® SUV
- Dual-zone automatic climate control is standard with the Mercedes-Benz GLE 4MATIC® SUV, while the BMW X5 only offers the feature as an upgrade
Performance and Capability
Do you expect premium performance from your next new luxury SUV? While the Mercedes-Benz GLE 4MATIC® SUV and BMW X5 have similar V6 engine options, the 2018 GLE 4MATIC® SUV can tow significantly more than the BMW X5, making it ideal for family trips and adventures. The BMW X5 only has rear-wheel-drive compared to the Mercedes-Benz GLE 4MATIC® SUV, which is equipped with 4MATIC® all-wheel-drive which provides better traction and improved handling. Key engine specs can be found in the table below.
|Mercedes-Benz GLE 4MATIC® SUV||Model||BMW X5 sDrive35i|
|3.5L V6||Engine||3.0L V6|
|302 HP||Horsepower||300 HP|
|273 lb.-ft.||Torque||295 lb.-ft.|
|7,200 lbs.||Max. Towing||5,900 lbs.|
Safety and Technology
Do you have specific safety and technology features on your wish list? While both the 2018 GLE 4MATIC® SUV and BMW X5 offer competitive options, only one model has what it takes to elevate your daily drive. Learn which luxury SUV meets your standards below.
- Only the Mercedes-Benz GLE 4MATIC® SUV has a central controller that allows you to control your vehicle’s key functions with the touch of a dial
- The Mercedes-Benz GLE 4MATIC® SUV is equipped with ATTENTION ASSIST® and PRESAFE® safety technology to avoid collisions
- A *harman/kardon® audio system is only available with the Mercedes-Benz GLE 4MATIC® SUV
Have you made the decision that the 2018 Mercedes-Benz GLE SUV is the right luxury vehicle for your lifestyle? Browse the available models in the new inventory at Autohaus on Edens in Northbrook, IL to find the exact model that meets your needs, and then schedule a test drive by calling (847) 272-7900. Be sure to browse the available incentives and lease deals at our Mercedes-Benz dealership.