2018 C-Class Sedan vs. 2018 E-Class Sedan | Northbrook, IL
Are you on the hunt for a luxury sedan with premium design, powerful performance, and innovative technology features? Then there’s only one brand worth considering: Mercedes-Benz. Mercedes-Benz has two extremely elegant and well-equipped luxury sedans you should consider, the 2018 C-Class and 2018 E-Class. To help you determine which one is best for your lifestyle, the team at Autohaus on Edens has put together this detailed 2018 C-Class Sedan vs. 2018 E-Class Sedan comparison. When you’ve finished reading our review below, visit our model research hub to learn more about each model.
If you already know whether the 2018 C-Class Sedan or 2018 E-Class Sedan is right for you, head over to our new 2018 C-Class and new 2018 E-Class inventory to see the available models at our Mercedes-Benz dealership in Northbrook, IL.
Comparing the Engine & Performance Specs of 2018 C-Class and E-Class Sedans
Regardless of which of these luxury sedans you choose, you’ll enjoy supreme performance with a standard 2.0L inline-4 turbo engine and DYNAMIC SELECT®, a multimode drive program that allows you to customize your driving experience with four modes: ECO, Comfort, Sport, and Sport+. Because of the 2018 C-Class Sedan’s smaller size, it gets slightly better fuel economy. Key engine specs and performance metrics for these two luxury models are as follows:
|2018 C-Class Sedan||Model||2018 E-Class Sedan|
|2.0L inline-4 turbo||Engine||2.0L inline-4 turbo|
|241 HP||Horsepower||241 HP|
|273 lb.-ft.||Torque||273 lb.-ft.|
|9G-TRONIC 9-speed automatic||Transmission||9G-TRONIC 9-speed automatic|
|Rear-wheel drive||Drivetrain||Rear-wheel drive|
|24/33 MPG||Fuel Economy (city/hwy)||22/30 MPG|
|5.8 sec.||Acceleration (0-60 MPH)||6.2 sec.|
Similarities & Differences between the Interior & Exterior of 2018 C-Class & E-Class Sedans
Both of these luxury sedans provide seating for five passengers and plenty of high-end amenities, but there are some differences between them you should keep in mind. Explore interior and exterior features of the 2018 C-Class and 2018 E-Class below.
- 12.6 cu. ft. of trunk space (2018 C-Class Sedan); 13.1 cu. ft. of trunk space (2018 E-Class Sedan)
- 12.3-in. high-resolution central COMAND® screen (2018 E-Class only)
- Leather-wrapped multifunction steering wheel
- Power front seats with memory (2018 C-Class with driver-seat memory only)
- Dual-zone automatic climate control
- 40/20/40 split-folding rear seats
- Illuminated entry system
- 64-color LED ambient lighting (2018 E-Class only)
- Optional leather upholstery
- All-LED exterior lighting (2018 E-Class only)
- Power tilt/sliding tinted glass sunroof
- 17-in. split 5-spoke wheels (2018 C-Class); 18-in. 5-spoke wheels (2018 E-Class)
- LED Daytime Running Lamps
What Safety & Technology Features are Available on 2018 C-Class & E-Class Sedans?
While both the 2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan and 2018 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan come equipped with several advanced safety systems and technology features to make every trip memorable, there are some driver assist and technology features found standard on the 2018 E-Class that are only available by upgrade on the 2018 C-Class. Take a look at the safety and technology features below.
- Rearview camera
- PRESAFE® system
- Car-to-X Communication (2018 E-Class)
- Crosswind Assist (2018 E-Class)
- ATTENTION ASSIST®
- Brake Assist (BAS®)
- Electronic Stability Program (ESP®)
- PRESAFE® Sound (2018 E-Class)
- Aluminum and high-strength steel body structure
- 9-way air bag protection
- FrontBass® system
- HD Radio® receiver
- Apply CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ compatibility (standard on 2018 E-Class; optional on 2018 C-Class)
- Hands-free Bluetooth® interface
- COMAND® hard-drive navigation (2018 E-Class)
- Dual USB audio ports
- SD card reader
- Voice control (standard on 2018 E-Class; optional on 2018 C-Class)
Schedule a Test Drive in Northbrook, IL!
Now that you’ve seen everything the exceptional 2018 C-Class Sedan and 2018 E-Class Sedan have to offer, take your favorite model from our new inventory for a spin to experience it firsthand. Schedule a test drive at our Mercedes-Benz dealership in Northbrook, IL today! If you have any questions, reach out to the Autohaus on Edens team through contact form or by calling (847) 272-7900.
*Bluetooth® is a registered mark Bluetooth® SIG, Inc.