2018 Mercedes-Benz GLC SUV vs. 2018 GLE SUV | Northbrook, IL
You already know Mercedes-Benz is the best choice if you’re looking for a luxury SUV with robust power, sleek styling, and premium comfort. Mercedes-Benz has two exceptional models worth considering: the 2018 GLC SUV and the 2018 GLE SUV. But which model is right for you? To help you decide, the experts at Autohaus on Edens have compiled this comprehensive 2018 GLC SUV vs. 2018 GLE SUV comparison. Read on to discover the luxury SUV you deserve!
Do you already have your eye on the 2018 GLC SUV or 2018 GLE SUV as your next luxury SUV? Learn more about these exceptional models by visiting our 2018 GLC SUV model research or 2018 GLE SUV model research pages. We also encourage you to head over to our incentives page to see our latest finance and lease offers.
2018 GLC SUV vs. 2018 GLE SUV: Engine Specs & Performance
While both of these luxury SUVs deliver exceptional performance, there are differences to take into consideration. The 2018 GLC SUV features a 2.0L inline-4 turbo engine that produces 241 horsepower and 28 highway MPG, while the 2018 GLE SUV features a 3.5L V6 engine that produces 302 horsepower and 23 highway MPG. Both models comes with DYNAMIC SELECT®, a multimode drive program that allows you to customize your driving experience with four modes: ECO, Comfort, Sport, and Sport+.
The 2018 GLC SUV also features the ECO-START® system, to help you conserve fuel when at stoplights and other idle situations. The 2018 GLE SUV boasts an AGILITY CONTROL® suspension for a supremely smooth ride. Key engine and performance specs for these two luxury models include:
|2018 GLC SUV||Model||2018 GLE SUV|
|2.0L inline-4 turbo||Engine||3.5L V6|
|241 HP||Horsepower||302 HP|
|273 lb.-ft.||Torque||273 lb.-ft.|
|9G-TRONIC 9-speed automatic||Transmission||7G-TRONIC 7-speed automatic|
|Rear-wheel drive (standard); 4MATIC® all-wheel drive (optional)||Drivetrain||Rear-wheel drive (standard); 4MATIC® all-wheel drive (optional)|
|22/28 MPG||Fuel Economy (city/hwy)||18/23 MPG|
|3,500 lbs.||Towing Capacity||6,600 lbs.|
|6.3 sec.||Acceleration (0-60 MPH)||7.5 sec.|
2018 GLC SUV vs. 2018 GLE SUV: Interior & Exterior
While the 2018 Mercedes-Benz GLE offers more cargo space than the 2018 Mercedes-Benz GLC, both luxury SUVs offer comfortable seating for up to five passengers and a plethora of luxury amenities. Explore interior and exterior features of the 2018 GLC SUV and 2018 GLE SUV below.
- 56.5 cu. ft. of cargo space (2018 GLC SUV); 80.3 cu. ft. of cargo space (2018 GLE SUV)
- Natural Grain Brown Ash wood trim (2018 GLC); Eucalyptus wood trim (2018 GLE)
- Nappa leather-wrapped 3-spoke multifunction steering wheels
- Power driver seat with memory (14-way, 2018 GLC) (10-way, 2018 GLE)
- Dual-zone automatic climate control
- 40/20/40-split rear seats with power folding (2018 GLC); 60/40-split rear seats (2018 GLE)
- Retractable luggage cover
- Optional leather upholstery
- 18-in. 5-spoke wheels (2018 GLC); 19-in. 5-spoke wheels (2018 GLE)
- Anodized rood rails (2018 GLC); Aluminum roof rails (2018 GLE)
- Side-mirror logo projectors (2018 GLE only)
- LED Daytime Running Lamps and taillamps
- Power liftgate
- Power tilt/sliding sunroof (2018 GLE only)
- Power-folding side mirrors
- Illuminated entry system (2018 GLC only)
2018 GLC SUV vs. 2018 GLE SUV: Safety & Technology
You’ll enjoy advanced driver-assist safety systems and innovative technology features in the 2018 GLC and 2018 GLE, but there are a few differences between these two luxury SUVs. Check out safety and technology features of these two Mercedes-Benz models below.
- Rearview camera
- PRESAFE® system
- Crosswind Assist
- ATTENTION ASSIST®
- Brake Assist (BAS®)
- Electronic Stability Program (ESP®)
- SmartKey with KEYLESS-START®
- 7 airbags (2018 GLC); 9 airbags (2018 GLE)
- Trailer Stability Assist
- COLLISION PREVENTION ASSIST PLUS® (2018 GLC only)
- Central controller
- 7-in. color display (2018 GLC); 8-in. high resolution color display (2018 GLE)
- FrontBass® system (2018 GLC only)
- HD Radio® receiver
- Optional Apply CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ compatibility
- Hands-free Bluetooth® interface
- Optional COMAND® navigation
- Dual USB audio ports
- SD card reader
- 5 years of Mercedes-Benz mbrace® Connect
Schedule a Test Drive in Northbrook, IL!
Are you ready to add the 2018 GLC SUV or 2018 GLE SUV to your driveway? Get into the driver’s seat by scheduling a test drive with your favorite model at our Mercedes-Benz dealership in Northbrook, IL. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to get in touch with the Autohaus on Edens team through our contact form or by calling (847) 272-7900.
*Bluetooth® is a registered mark Bluetooth® SIG, Inc.